a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Blessings to you today - yes YOU

y'all, this has been a long and difficult few months, healthwise, and whenever something is as obviously "blocking" as this, i have to sit back and meditate on what the lesson is. or make art and meditate. and really, i am thick-headed, so a few months of something stopping me in my tracks, well, that's about the right timeline. i'd like to say that i have ALL the answers, but i don't. however, i DO have the lesson to this enforced dis-ease. and will merrily, if not slowly, make my way toward the path i should have taken back in October. hopefully tomorrow's surgery will set most physical things in their place. keep me held up. now - what i wanted to post about a month ago was a list of some of my favorite places to cruise on the web, and drool copiously. shops filled with handmade goodness...blogs that delight me with color and words and humor and real-ness. so here goes a partial list - i will add to it as time allows...playing catch up in the studio. this list is in no particular order: * one of the sweetest people i have met this year - Brandi. she is lovely, rescues rabbits, and has hair i would love! (her husband is one of the sweetest people, also). * My dearest dudelove - artist/explorer/writer, with a new book coming out Very Very soon. hurry and buy her other book, so you can get a double whammy. She has been a true friend and Advisor Of Life's Big Things. and I live vicariously through her travels. Cuba? Jordan? man oh man. * I groan every single time I visit EB. I want to kidnap her and make her play art with me. in a good way. * one of the most generous teachers i know...down to earth, grounded in reality, and her work hangs on my wall. yes - i shelled out real money for it. * another Adventurer who amazes me, and makes me clap my hands like a little kid just given access to a candy store with a line-of-credit...she lured me to Squam the first year, and i have never forgotten her. Wendy's stories are matched equally with the creatures she brings to life to embody the words. she is in a dear dear place in my heart (and in Boston, if you ever get there). * My queen - the dreamer of dreams that she brings to life...and her Life Dreams touch so many, rippling through their lives to touch other people...who knew? i could not live without this week. * and whenever i'm homesick for the above, i crank up a little (okay - a lot) of Jonatha's music...even if I didn't associate her with SAW, i would be addicted. buy you some now! and she'll be performing at Lincoln Center in early January. just sayin: you should not miss that opportunity. * What can you say about someone called a renegade seamstress? "protective gear for your internal revolution." i own some, but not nearly enough pieces, and they are my favorite go-to's. The skirt i wore at SAW? Secret Lentil. her handwarmers are fabulous! and going fast. * in my fantasy world, where i can assemble every teacher i want, and have unlimited acces to them and play & pick their brains, MB would be neck & neck for #1. check out her Stencil Girl stuff too. I had the double-secret-handshake good fortune to take a class from her at SAW last september AND have her as a cabinmate! the stars were definately aligned that week. she is funny, gentle, and somehow makes you make good art. or at least learn the techniques she shares without restraint. (xox MB). * Sarah Sarah Sarah started this whole collage fire in me, and the fact that she has The Cutest Baby only adds frosting to a delicious cupcake. I own her book so i can torment myself. i own her art because, well, go see for yourself. did i lie? no. * Rockin my world with her love and kindness and sneaky sneaky Big Hugs rocks!! she is crazy fabulous! There's much more to come...i just need to get my "go" on and get busy. don't forget ME, of course - www.lindaesterleydesigns.com. go, shop, buy, comment. And blessings to you today - may you achieve your idea of success, and may your idea of success bring you peacefulness and joy.

6 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

What a bunch of juicy, luscious, creative, powerful women, all hanging out here today ! Hostess with the mostest, I know the answer is on its way to you. You are open and ready to receive it !

Hugs, Wonderful One !

MB Shaw said...

*such* a sweet blog post and not just cause you mentioned me (although) that was rockin'. just want you to know I am thinking about you and sending all the healing power I can summon, along with my heartfelt prayers and fingers and toes crossed.
xoxo

Brandi Marie said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing my blog! I will be thinking of you with so much love and good wishes in my heart tomorrow. Please keep us updated!

Oh and I just love the description in your banner!

Bunny hugs,
~Brandi Marie

Judy Wise said...

Will be sending up prayers on your surgery and thank you for the link. Love the image on Wednesday's post. You are in the groove here; I can feel it. Much love.

Karen D said...

thanks for sharing your blog love around.. yours is one of my stops!
Sending you healing wishes and much love today.

xo
Karen

Swirly said...

Dudelove! You are kind and generous and amazing.