a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, December 26, 2011

the hustle and hurry of the holidays is mostly over...although i still need to mail out my christmas prezzies. someday, i'll do this on time. perhaps. i've had an incredible year, wouldn't you say? and having been flat on my back for the past few months has given me time to think about where i've been, where i'd like to head, what i want to take with me, what i want to leave behind in 2011. going from 0 to 350 in a month was crazy...crazy good, and crazy bad. i learned a lot, to say the least. business plans, marketing, web construction, booth design, networking...all that business type stuff. and in all that, i consider myself a success. however. yes, however. i lost connection to my artwork. gasp yes i did say that. my necklaces and collages and assemblages ... they came from a place in me that needed a voice...a place where no words would suffice...where only something splashed with color or tactile elements or a talisman reminder of truth or strength or loveliness or wisdom would do. and in all the daily rush of emails and organizing work schedules and shipping schedules and the nuts-and-bolts of running a business - slowly the point of it all was lost. i am a person that has a deep need to make a difference. to reach out to a heart that is tired or frustrated or feeling hopeless, and give a spark. it is who i am. it is what makes me so incredibly happy. it is my purpose. throughout the years, it is the direction i always find myself pointing true north towards, no matter where i've strayed. all this being said, and after an incredible 3 months of thought, i'm heading in a new/old direction. true north. and i am so dang excited. the minute i realized that my old purpose never went away or changed, and that i could return to that path...the very instant...i was giddy. yes, absolutely light in my heart and wanting to dance. the very day i re-realized where i had strayed, my hearing returned. how's that for a sign? from "you aren't listening, so i'll take your hearing," to bam! "Now you're hearing me!" at any rate, I'm not 100% positive what the new year will look like, but i have some ideas. my website will remain, and will be updated as i make new work, but it is not my focus. My focus is to be in helping...helping others with the business of their business. not a life coach. not a job coach. nothing quite so organized as that. yes, i have had several people ask for help in specific areas of setting up a website, or making a plan for their business, and i am honored to help. the things that really make the hair on my arms stand up though, are the heart things...the Love Bombs, the anonymous gifting and lifting and opening a door for an opportunity to happen for someone. recently, i wrote a few days of posts that were about blogs & websites that I loved and visited. that was so incredibly fulfilling to me, to be able to share and make others aware of some really cool people. i started a series of interviews with people i wanted to introduce to you, but then got sick and haven't been able to post them. (as soon as my PC gives it up to the new Mac, i'll get those going). I'm not sure what form this giving will take...simple random acts, or a full-blown philanthropic effort. but i do know for certain that this is where i should be, and to not follow the clear leading, well, that would be a shame. so my website is still operational and running, and your requests will still get my heartfelt attention, however, there are some new things brewing too. and the path is genuine and authentic and awesome in it's gentleness and excitement. i feel overwhelmed and blessed by the creation taking shape. and if i needed a push and a confirmation of any sort, i began reading "Desire To Inspire" by Christine Mason Miller last night, and found my heart saying, "YES YES YES - That's What I'm Telling You!" on every page. Now This...this is what it's all about...being exactly where you belong.

1 comment:

MB Shaw said...

Excellent post. I can't wait to see what you do with you one precious life (to mangle-quote Mary Oliver).
I got Christine's book for Christmas too and can't wait to dig into it.