a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

these days

who knows why...any number of reasons, and yet none...these days the tears are so close to the surface, ready to spill at any given moment...the moment is never given, for there is too much to be grateful for, and tears seem almost spoilt and disrespectful....so much though, so close to the surface...looking for a hand to hold tight, yet far enough away...these days wanting to lay down in the early day's grass, cozy comforter around me, watching the baby day be born...smelling the freshness of the new day...still so close to tears with the beauty of it...these days, it seems my comforter and pillow are calling seductively, as i walk past the bedroom to the studio...come cuddle! they call, but i know the hours would pass by without thought to wasted time...too much to do...wishing for friends who lived closer...grateful for what i have, as i look around my studio, my home, my life...yet still the tears seem ready to spill

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

Feeling the same. There is a lot of sad in the world, my friend. I think sometimes we run from it, thinking we have to do, do, do and fill each moment with the doing. What if we did just cuddle under the comforter and watch the new day or the clouds pass overhead. Would that day be any less important to us when we come to the end of our lives ? Maybe we would be just as grateful for days spent that way as the ones filled with accomplishing... Sending hugs, love and light to you. Reaching out my hand as best as I can from where I am right now. ;-)
xoxo