a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

breaking bones


Breaking Bones ... Linda Esterley

A new show at Szozda Gallery starts Friday, and here's one of my pieces included.  It's a brief show before the gallery closes for a week.  I will have to leave my credit card at home. It's no secret that I am a total dork when it comes to one of the other artists' work. I cannot stand in front of Phil Parsons' work without getting choked up and feeling a total need to own all of it.  And as much as I love Phil's work, I admire & respect him as a person as well.

so today. hmmm.

ok - a question for you:  show of hands - who among you would order an MRI for a patient who is suffering from dizzy spells?  Anyone?  Buehler?  I mean, pretend you're a doctor.   and the dizziness manifests it's evil self when the patient lays down (lies down? oy - becomes prone).  as if the whole MRI experience wasn't uncomfortable enough.  add the cups-and-saucers to the funhouse.  yeah, okay - that was my day.  i was within 3 minutes of finishing this nightmare, when it became apparent that i would need to sit up, or die like Elvis.  Signaling madly with my feet, a voice on an intercom informed me I was "doing good" and it would be "3 more minutes."  all bodily indications were screaming that 3 minutes would be 2 minutes and 57 seconds too many, and they vaulted me out of that clacking coffin and into an upright and locked position just in time.  yeah, i probably should have taken my Antivert, but wasn't thinking of an MRI as being laying down.  i share the shame.  but now i have to go through this again, pre-medicated.  they were offering valium too, but I figured my history being what it is, I'd better just suck it up.  And I still don't know if I have a simple inner ear issue going on, or an alien growing inside my head.  My money is on the ear thing, which would totally piss me off to have to do this whole thing again for THAT.  but i've always been an optimistic person in the face of strong contrary facts.  just built that way, i guess.

and that's the way it was.  to anyone who has to have MRI's on a regular basis, I send prayers for you.  It wasn't that I was horrified by the entire thing, but seriously - they can put a rover on Mars, why can't they invent something a little more comfortable to get this job done?

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

crazy stuff. argh...

sending hugs.