a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, August 06, 2012

The Dig: Phase 2; Section 2; Day 5-ish; Shelf 6&7

well, hopefully.  Baby steps.  today's goal is shelf #6 and shelf #7.  it doesn't look like much progress has been made, because i have to keep shoving stuff from the new work area over into the old spot that I just cleared.  But trust me (and my garbage man), there is a t-o-n of progress.  today, the top shelf of unit 1 & 2 were cleared.  the stuff on top of unit 2 is waiting for the recycling bin to be emptied.  anyone need feathers?  blue jay, flamingo, hawk, cockatiel, cardinal and some other ones.  oh woodpecker.  those will be scheduled out in the morning, so let me know quickly.  a huge bin of fabric is going going....where?  velvets, lace, netting, many "etc etc" and a cartload of lace ribbon and lace stuff that comes wrapped around the oval plastic thing at the store.  yes - it's mostly all still on the oval plastic thing.  ("I like that.  I'll take it all").  some antique lace, some just plain old lace.  and much embellishment-type stuff...sequin-y and yarn-y stuff.  want it?  the hardest thing for me will be the rusty metal stuff, i can see that right now.  i've gotten rid of a million boxes already, which i thought would be hard, but the rust just sings to me, and i make no apology. it's just the way it is.  and throughout all this, i just picture the load getting lighter, and less to drag around with me, which mean less of a drag on me - less holding my feet in cement.  so let me know asap if you want/need anything mentioned above. also, if you might need some cool rusty stuff, let me know, and when i get to that part, it will be easier (maybe) to sort through it if i know it's going to a good home.
As difficult as this project is, I'm so excited by it - freedom to breathe & create, comin' right up!

This is from the other day:

 ok - here's a picture from this morning - see, i told you it didn't look like much had been done...(there are empty shelves, though, behind that painting on the bottom right)....


now - off to do some more digging.

No comments: