a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

it's garbage day.  God bless my garbage men.  There are stacks and barrels of stuff out there.  i would have done a curb alert, since there's still some really cool stuff in there, but the almost-tornado and tropical storm-like winds/rain event wasn't conducive.  so today, the g-men come around noon, and i pray they have strong arms & backs.  and that they actually take the stuff, since it's not really household trash.  define household.  yeah, that will be my defense.  and if this creaky, undependable body can get the stuff to the curb,, then i think they should take it from there.  my neighbor has workmen that just showed up, and they are eyeing the pile.  go for it!
time to take diva for a short walk before the humidity & rain come back.  then, pain pills and naps for me today...i say as i look longingly at my new cozy corner.
oh! the best thing!  i dug through stuff yesterday, and there were some items still in the bag, and one even had the receipt!  art supplies i didn't use for this project a while back.  soooo....i returned/exchanged them!  Lowe's gave me cash back, Hobby Lobby gave me a gift card, which i used immediately for some paint i need (and used the cash from Lowe's to make up the difference), then went to Joanne's to return a mini iron with receipt.  the receipt was from january, though, and the system wouldn't accept it.  so the guy rang it manually, but the system would only give me credit for 60% of the cost, as it was assuming i had used a coupon.  my bad.  the guy was getting all defensive, and a little rude, and i realized he thought i was going to bitch about the 60% even though my receipt clearly showed i paid 100%.  i mean, what can you do?  my bad for waiting 8 months.  so i was extra nice and let him know i realized it was my own fault, and he took a buttload off the canvases i was buying (out of relief, i think).  and the canvases were packaged - buy 2 & get a gallery canvas free.  i'm not a canvas snob, and don't care where i get them. so, wow...an unexpected windfall.   after returning, exchanging, and buying paint, i had enough left over to go to Subway, and the evenings entertainment cost me zip.  well, it cost me in sweat, but no coins.  cool beans. if i wake up later, it's definately time to set up the easel and slap some paint around.  there is 1 box left to organize, but i am 100% certain i will do that by tomorrow noon, as it has all my bills in it :)
keep on.

some cool stuff here:  Golden Virtual Paint Mixer

2 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Woohoo !!!! The place looks amazing ! You must feel so good.
Enjoy your cozy corners !

henrysmom said...

Thank you Rock Fairy! I really am thrilled about it...it feels so much lighter in here.