a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Journey

Here's an offer for anyone who ever wanted to be a full-time artist: Beginning this weekend, and continuing through the next week, i will be posting about my life (so far) as a full time artist. I invite you to visit back here often, as I am a random poster...it's just how i roll. Be advised, I don't have all the answers...I am not making 6-figures...i am thriving, however, and am loving the journey, mostly. I will be honest and upfront, that's my promise. i will not be promoting or selling an add-on workshop, book, e-course, or any other thing. I will just be sharing the experiences of a middle-aged woman who chucked her 9-5, with little money in the bank (like, $600) and decided it was her time. There are good things, bad things, scary things, Really Good Things, things that went as planned, things that bombed furiously & semi-publicly. why, you may ask yourself, why then are you posting all this? Has your cheese finally slipped off your cracker? why not charge people? here's why: I truly, deeply, authentically believe in giving a hand up to someone coming behind me (or beside me). I have been blessed with a circle of friends who have held me up, urged me on, lit the way, and kicked my ass when it needed kicking. I am so very far away from having all the answers, and my answers may not be your answers. But I offer my journey, such as it is, for you to peek at, and take away the bits that may pertain to you. and that's the whole offer. I am so grateful to the help i've received along the way, and at times wished there was someone to sit on my shoulder to guide me every single baby step of the way. but i'm too much of a control freak, and probably wouldn't have listened anyway. If there is a specific question(s) you have, leave them in the comments and I will address them, or I'll be honest and say "I don't know." hopefully, I'll have some resources for you to check out though. i'll warn you - this is not a "how to," rather, just my personal experiences to date. and although i seem to have a lot of things that could only happen to me, I have to think that you will find some commonalities. so, go on now and think of some questions. feel free to email me also. now it's time for me to hit the hamster wheel that i call My Day, with overscheduled appointments, and a dental thing thrown in for good measure. see you soon!

2 comments:

michelle renée bernard said...

Looking forward to your advice, adventures and adversities. I'm trying to do the same and don't want to return to the corporate world. Perhaps sharing some of your stories will help me! Thanks in advance.

BJ Lantz said...

>>>Has your cheese finally slipped off your cracker?<<

Love that :-) LOL

You go, Glow Gal. I have been a full time artist for most of my adult life (we won't say just how long that is) and while it is a great lifestyle, it certainly does take *a lot* of work and the occasional reinvention of ones self to make a living at it. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. Via la Art Life!