a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 04, 2011

it's mid-morning for most people, which is early afternoon for me. my body has found it's balance again (literally, after amazing dizzy spells that hearkened back to the 60's, but differently induced). my toe is on the mend, and i am in search of steel toe socks. my studio/office is still a shambles, so i am at the dining room table. i hear my husband's voice from his office down the hall asking someone if there are ski resorts in Alaska and then some talk about ice road trucking. i furrow my brow and shake my head. today i have so much to do...i have a design due ummm - today, actually, and business cards to pick up (which hopefully will be done, since they were done friday - wrong - & repromised for yesterday but then rescheduled for wednesday, which would be too late). i want to finish my Right Brain Business Plan...I promised Diva we'd go on an Adventure this morning, since she was in a deep, puppy-eyed funk yesterday, which entailed her laying on the floor in the exact spot my feet needed to be, and just staring at me mournfully. unfortunately, the sky has delivered it's promise of cold rain, so there won't be much adventuring. she is, apparently, made of sugar, and not inclined to venture out into rain, be it warm or cold. but once we get onto the path through the woods, we're sheltered by the trees, so i'll take her on a mini-adventure. there's been an internal revolution going on inside me...many things vying for attention and prominence...many things sparkling at me...and in gratitude, and in that space of time where you aren't quite sick anymore, but aren't quite well yet, when your body says Whoa! What the heck just happened?? during that time, I held each idea/opportunity/path in the hands of my mind's eye, and acknowledged it and examined it and decided whether it was Something For Now, Something For Later, Something For Someone Else. i envisioned myself standing in the middle of these 3 piles of sparkly, glittery things, all still vying for prominence. and had to make the tough decisions about which to gather, and which to send to their proper homes, and which needed to be gently wrapped in paper and set aside for a while. and i am comfortable with my choices, and am grateful for the drill vs. toe accident which literally kept me immobile so i could spend time examining, and for the food poisoning which made sure that i didn't spend the "down" time staring slack-jawed at the TV screen instead of taking care of some brilliant and still-fragile dreams. and today, i can and i will take care of a list of things that need today's attention...after an adventure with a furry companion who never doubts my love for her, even though i am the most boring dog mama she ever knew. my intuition tells me that the woods will hold some gifts for us today, despite the rain, which i tell you looks like light snow. wishing you a cozy heart today

2 comments:

BJ Lantz said...

>>Something For Now, Something For Later, Something For Someone Else<<

I LOVE this. Glad you are feeling better, glowing girl :-)

henrysmom said...

thank YOU, golden girl!