a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 07, 2011

it's apple time in my part of the country...crispy, sweet & delicious apples are ready to be picked and eaten, or made into pie, or cider, or just about any other thing you can imagine an apple being used for , and a few that never crossed your mind, i'm sure. and that got me thinking about trees, and the fruit they bear, and how each fruit ripens in it's own season - good thinking on someone's part, so we don't end up with Everything All At Once, and nothing later. ya know, i may have sounded a bit cranky yesterday, but really i wasn't. there are so many opportunities vying for our attention these days - and thank goodness for all the creative blossoming and fruit the Creative Tree is producing. you can open your email or google "creative," and a bushel basket of e-courses and workshops and opportunities will pour out at you. you could spend the whole day watching vimeos and reading email newsletters and working ecourses. but then...where is your own fruit? i've become very selective about what i spend my time on. i may let a few sparkly invitations go, in order to take advantage of more studio time. i have stopped checking facebook like a crack monkey in a lab...stopped opening forwarded jokes in my email...giving email offers 15 seconds to grab me or i hit delete. i am a recovering virtual packrat. i no longer feel the need to save or respond to offers that really don't interest me but are from someone i know. i have my eye on the prize, right now, and sitting in front of the box all day won't get me there. so, no i'm not cranky - actually i feel lighter & happier. it's about organizing my life around my goals. there is nothing like making a checkmark next to a "to do" item to boost your morale and self-satisfaction...more so (to me) than spending time & money to have someone tell me i'm a fantastic person. and don't get me wrong - there are some incredible ecourses and day workshops online...just not my choice right now...i feel the need to speed things up a bit in my creation...the tree is heavy with ripe fruit for me, and i need to get picking! so off i go now, to grab a hammer and some shiny silver, and get to work....is it YOUR special necklace I'm working on? hmmmm......maybe.

No comments: