a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, September 18, 2014

todays Tiny Step is an unbelievable load of winter clothes (part 1) going to the Thrifty!  I wish I could show it to you, but my camera and computer are not speaking.  As i grabbed things off hangers, i wondered what it was that these clothes provided for me? what was i trying to fill or fulfill or ease by buying all these clothes? i certainly didn't need them in my day-to-day, and just how many days worth of clothes were there??  was i trying to reassure myself that there would always be plenty?  I think that may have hit the nail, in a sense.  when i was very young, i remember my mom telling me that my father had changed jobs, and that he wouldn't get paid from his new job for a few weeks, so we had to be sensible with our money.  she then took me clothes shopping and spent the unheard of amount (for the time) of $50!  so it was passed down to me in a quiet way, i suppose.  and yes, i am far and away a Big Enough Girl to change those misguided behaviors.  the trick is to recognize them.  i went through closet after closet, pulling things off hangers.  if i was uncertain, then the item stayed.  then i went through again.  i work in radio - no one sees me.  i need few "play clothes," i don't go to black tie events, and do not have a secret life.  so another pile went into the box for the Thrifty.  I imagined someone seeing an item on a rack and if i imagined that they would be happier with it then me, then it went into the box.  it's a big box.  i am limiting myself to 1 small closet, as i prepare for Tiny living for real.  and please - is there any need for bigger in my situation?  previously, i''d buy clothes that i Might Need if i decided to work in an office again, or if i felt funky that day or if if if.  it was endless.  now, i will trust that my radio job will continue, and if not, then i'll Thrifty the clothes and buy new ones At The Time they're needed.  it will also force me to take a look inside and decide who i am, and shop for that person. one closet.  one love.  i work on it till it starts to get nit-picky.  then i stop.

today's Tiny lesson that came through with the Tiny Step was all about balance and trust and centering and knowing your strength and concentrating on the goal and not losing site of what you want…I submit for your approval (as the man said):

and i just have to peek at this again, i love it so so much:

No comments: