a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 20, 2014

today's Tiny Step has been to cull through all my email contacts and erase/update them.  this is because i needed to change my email address - the same one i've had since there first ever was email!  too much spam, and no spam filter.  every day i'd see all these spamwiches coming in, and it made my blood pressure rise.  so why bother with it? this morning before i got out of bed, i got a clearer vision of what Tiny Steps is about…it is taking a small step toward your goal every day, but i needed to define "goal."  my definition is to be changed and prepared for the physical move to Tiny.  that encompasses all sorts of things - the purging, and clearing the reasons for having So Much Stuff…designing the physical Tiny, but also why I am making room for certain things…to stop having such strong attachments to things and people who no longer have a place in my heart/life but i just can't let them go.  (think about the special sweater or 8th grade skirt that holds memories, BUT takes space.)  i decided to take a tiny piece of whatever is dragging my feet down and put it in my Tiny scrapbook…just a 1x1" piece of fabric, or photo of a person/place, etc.  I also thought up some cool design features to add storage, so i'm diggin it.  I realized that sometimes i feel overwhelmed with what's on my To Do list, so i just set the list down and walk away…where to start?? i'm usually a person who breaks down huge tasks into small (Tiny?) bites.  but when there are a ton of tiny bites scattering around your ankles, it's overwhelming.  like tonight - i'm hosting the neighborhood Girls Movie Night.  which means i have to deep clean the house, and i look around and see dog toys everywhere, and the cat box in the guest bathroom and and and.  when in reality, it takes me about an hour to clean top to bottom.  which is why i feel calm taking this time to post.  and a quick trip to the store for dip ingredients…i have until 7pm for goodness sake!
so, today so far I've set up new email, designed storage for a bedroom loft, designed storage for some art supplies, went through my entire email address book on the computer (still trying to figure out how to delete on the phone), sent out emails to let folks know about new email addy (if you didn't get one, leave me a comment or send me a note to my old address), fed the animals and said my 9am prayers.  Hen's in the backyard fussing about something, so i better see to him.  i wish you an organized mess of a day today!

No comments: