a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

a word about my last post

I am truly digging Nancy's book.  That being said - i have a strong aversion to how-to books, and "life coaches" that want to tell you how to live your life.  this book is not that.  I am not opposed to therapy, coaching, prayer and any necessary help to get through, get over, get past a stumbling block or trauma.  not at all.  (I pray to God, but allow that you may pray to another diety or none at all.  That's how I roll).  I am opposed to using the self help guru as a tool for procrastination…When I Finish This book/workshop/drum circle/ etc., I Will Have An Amazing Breakthrough.  nope.  guess what?  you'll just be older by that many days/weeks/months, and be in the same spot you were before.  To clarify another point emailed to me, I am scared of the folks who espoused "Leap and the Universe will catch you" back in the 90's.  Most of those people had a 6-figure (or more) income to fall back on, and the luxury of walking away from a second income was no risk at all.  I saw many follow that path, and it never ended well.  ever.  there is prep work to be done a/k/a a biz plan, for one.  but rather than just go off here, let me say that I will not trample on your dream.  i am a more skeptical and cautious person - that is my journey and who i am.  i'm finally cool with that.  you are free and able to do as you feel best, because - that is your journey and who you are.  easy peasy.  winner winner chicken dinner.  so if i sounded like i thought anyone who didn't do things my way was wrong and that they'd meet with crashing disaster while i chuckled and shook my head knowingly….no.  not sure where the idea came from even, but there it is - out in the open and the light of day.  doesn't look so terrible in the light, does it?  I am just so lit up with gratitude for all that i have, all that i don't have, all that i will have and for the people i love (whether they love me back or not).  i smile every single day because i am blessed.  and this was a Tiny 2-step day…having the opportunity to clarify my journey by answering your email.  Thank you.  now, to play with Henry who is woebegone and testy with boredom.

No comments: