a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, August 26, 2014


today's tiny step is to create a ledger to keep track of how I spend my money…every cup of coffee, every lottery ticket, every thing.  just to get a handle on 2 things: where does it go, and what is important to me.  If I am willing to trade some of my money for a cup of coffee brewed not-at-home, then it must be considered either Important To Me, or Wasteful.  i know i engage in a lot of "thoughtless" spending, and don't want to suck the fun out of life entirely, but am i willing to trade that $5 daily cup of coffee for a Saturday kayak trip with friends that will cost the same amount?  you betcha.  so it's more like trades, than denial of things.  I want money to be a resource for me, not a master.  and that thought right there is actually a Big Tiny step, if you sit with it a few minutes and let it bloom.  how many choices do you make in your life because of money?  i mean, everyday there are hundreds…do i buy this shiny thing because it makes me smile, or do i spend it on a dinner out with beloved one(s)?  if you are very lucky, you can do both!  and there's nothing wrong with that!  but i am choosing a Tiny life, and honestly am not able to work enough hours to do that, so…i purge my choices along with my clothes!  And am thrilled to have the choice right now.  some moments terrify me, but i stopped looking down - only forward - and that's where the cupcakes are.


these quotes are from FLOW magazine.  I will have the paper version of Flow in my life.  It's a choice. I love the feel of the paper they use, and don't feel like the electronic version would be as good (for me).  I am an artist, after all!  it's all about the texture.

so that's it for now…what is your tiny step?

No comments: