a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 28, 2012

from Tony Robbins

I think gratitude is the most spiritual and most important emotion of them all. It's the antidote to the two things that stop us which are fear and anger. Fear is why we don't take action and anger is why we get stuck. You can't be grateful and angry simultaneously, so it's really the reset button. It's the cleaner of the soul. What it does when you are grateful, 'It's no longer about me, right?' It's really about giving thanks, and when you are giving thanks, you disappear and when you disappear, I believe you reconnect to the divine."

1 comment:

MB Shaw said...

LOVE this!! And I completely agree. Whenever I have a restless night (sadly, its kind of frequent) I do gratitude work (in my head) and am lulled gently back to sleep.