a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, May 07, 2012

the buzzz

yes - busy as a bee. in fact 2 fat little bumbles have found their way into my studio recently (at different times) and a hornet or wasp came visiting the other day. so that must be some proof of the sweetness in my life these days! so let's see - I have a show hanging in The Galleries, am working part time outside the studio, am putting together a fundraiser/art show for Ophelia's Place, building a website for a neighbor, working on a new series that has me all sorts of jacked up and excited, and trying not to pass out with excitement because Mary will be here HERE wednesday! my God i've missed her! (note to Sue: you need to come here!) and throughout all this, i'm quitting smoking. down to 2 1/2 most days. some days 4 or 5. but that's down from 25 a day, so i don't kick myself around too much on the higher days. it'll get there. there is a good exhaustion at the end of the day. it did take me a bit to get used to the new schedule - needing to sleep through the night, rather than get up every few hours and work in the studio. part of my away-from-the-studio job involves driving big diesel trucks, so i have to be alert. i feel so empowered and butch! i need another tattoo! Ha. part of the sleep-all-night problem is that bulimia cat still feels that wake-up-and-feed-me time is 4am, so he/she sneaks across the pillows (so diva dog doesn't notice) and starts nest-making in my hair. if i continue to play that i'm asleep, she'll check on me by putting her cold little wet nose in my nostril, or biting (gently) the end of my nose. once this ruckus starts, i usually have to get up to go to the bathroom anyway, so the dog wakes up too and starts barking at the cat which raises my blood pressure and makes it hard to get back to sleep. but aside from all that, i am loving life right now. i am totally in the flow, and where i should be. If you're an artist, and I haven't contacted you about submitting work for the show, please email me, or leave your contact info here (I won't print it) and I apologize for the oversight. I'm still trying to put my address book together on this new computer, since it didn't transfer like the book said it would. email me & send you the deets. so far there are quite a few exciting artists from all over the U.S., Canada, and a maybe from Russia & Japan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A new tattoo? Really another squirrel....did i get that right? Hee Haa Haa

Kim Mailhot said...

Wow ! Sounds like things are on a better roll that this winter. I am so glad for you. And bravo on the smoking !!! I know how freaking tough that is.
Having some similar kitty-at nose in my nostril stuff here. But man, that purr makes up for it, don't it ?
Love and love and love to you !