a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, November 05, 2011

what? hunh?

okay - day 3 of this ear thing...my left ear is completely useless for hearing, and good only for tucking my hair behind it. apparently there's fluid built up or some darn thing, but i've been taking all my medications like a good impatient patient, and still nothing. time for a second opinion i'd say. but not today, i'm afraid. today we celebrate husband's birthday. his mom and kids are coming in for what i hope is a harmonious convergence around the dinner table. he has requested a rib roast and turtle cheesecake. turtle cheesecake i can do (well, i can pick up) but the roast....let's just say I've been pretty much disrespecting every piece of meat, fish, and fowl that I've attempted to cook lately. I'm not known for cooking. well, i am, but not in a good way. but i had a streak of real culinary good luck for a while, which has left me. so hopefully the meal coach at Wegmans will be available to assist. he kinda ducks and runs when he sees me now, after my continued effusiveness and almost stalker-like adoration of him a few years ago. i was just so amazed that i could actually COOK after his instruction! it was a giant breakthrough. and apparently i did it so well that husband bought me a set of pots & pans for christmas that year. (safe place safe place). but i digress. rough night attempting to sleep...accidentally took sudafed before bedtime. yeah, my total bad. so at 2:30am, still tossing and turning, i rolled over on the tv remote (which had been left on the bed when husband slinked away to his friend's house for a birthday drink) and wow! the flurry of fur flying was amazing...diva dog jumped up and started running down her ramp at the foot of the bed (what?) and noticed bulimia cat sleeping by the closet, so had to percolate that situation a bit before heading for the safety of her woobie in husband's closet, but first stepping on a hanger which scared her and set her to yowling. so i watched a few minutes of the Real Housewives of Atlanta, and can i say: well, what can you say? People please. Please. that's all i have to say about that. so don't forget daylight savings time tonight....want me to call you at 2am to remind you?

No comments: