a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

out my window today

yesterday's butterscotch colors gave way to today's brilliant golds... with a bit of blazing red.... and over at the pond, a lone lilypad drifts lazily ... the geese & ducks are queuing up, practicing formations for their migration south...such a commotion as they decide who will lead and who will co-pilot. we've been blessed with a few more warm days...the sun on my back as I visit the soon-barren trees through the woods path...chipmunks scurrying to fill their cheeks and nests to guard against hunger in the coming months...they know they'll find a good meal in my yard, though. today i began getting moulds ready for suet making - gathering sunflower heads and cranberries and nuts to help against the times when snow will bury the food supply. i love visiting the farmer's market & finding a huge sunflower head to hang from the Japanese Maple by twine...winter cardinals, brilliant red against the snow, feeding from it. my gift back to nature for all it's given me. spending a quiet day of self care & healing creativity...finding center and balance and core...listening to my body, as it shuts out the world in order to get my attention... diva snuggled on her woobie by my worktable...kitten snuggled in her cozy nest by the french doors, soaking up the afternoon's rays of sunlight...chalk and matte medium on my fingers...a trip later to the hills to visit the bison...breathing breathing breathing........ being filled with gratitude, and scruffing away those pointy parts that still say "if only..."

No comments: