a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, November 09, 2011

i will be honest with you (because i always am here)...I'm terrified. There has been no change in my hearing loss in 2 weeks. despite antibiotics, and changes of antibiotics and decongestants and warm water flushes and just about every thing else you can think of. I'm afraid there will be permanent damage. and I hate that I've been so focused on health in this space, but that's the way it is right now. Please send up your prayers, or let me know of something you've tried that works. Local ENT's are booking into December, and really don't seem to care if something is urgent...they refer to someone else, who refers you back to the original call you made, in a big circle. Thank you for your prayers.... I remain grateful that, as an artist, it is my hearing rather than my vision or my hands. I am able to make art. That would be a cruel test, I believe, to lose eyesight or use of my hands. I'm not sure if that's a test I would pass, either, and don't wish it on anyone. now, enough of that. I am totally enjoying Judy Wise's encaustic class! I highly recommend it...she holds back nothing. I can smell the wax through the computer :) another thing I'm chomping at the bit for is Christine's new book....am anxiously & not too patiently awaiting it's release and placement in my hands. Her other book, Ordinary Sparkling Moments, remains one of my favorites, and I've reread it numerous times. (which is totally unusual for me). I'm enjoying some cuddle time with diva, and even bulimia cat snuck up on my bed last night after diva went into her closet woobie. the nights are getting colder, and they are getting cozified. time to break out the hot chocolate! I'm looking for a chocolate chai to send me over the edge of reality. me+chai= nirvana. other beautiful things...the intense last colors of fall...the view from my studio window just blazing with golds, butterscotch and coppery reds...my japanese maple has turned from deep maroon to the most intense, clear red - seemingly electrified in the morning sun...chai oatmeal for breakfast...cozy slippers on my feet...a gift from a friend - a sketchbook and a tin of 1 billion pastel pencils...the smell of matte medium once again wafting from my worktable...textures being formed on gessobord and claybord, as stories appear...an ant walking across my wet collage, reminding me of his message to "trust that you will succeed in accomplishing your dreams..." Through the woods and to my pond, a Great Blue Heron has been hanging around - taking flight when I get too near, circling above my head, then disappearing in it's camouflage...mama cardinal feeding fearlessly at the window feeder, as kitten leaps high up and tags the window from the inside (the chipmunks don't fear him/her either, as they sit nose-to-nose separated by a glass pane by the sliding door in my livingroom...so many things to be grateful for...so many things to count as blessings...

2 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Prayers in multitude...

Keep focusing on that beauty, Girlfriend, and those many blessings. I will do the same over here.
Get well !
Love ya !

MB Shaw said...

I love Judy's class too, it's so much fun. And a Great Blue Heron - I bet he is bringing healing power for you :)
You are in my thoughts......take care.