a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 23, 2009

lately

maybe it's saying goodbye-for-now to the yaks... or seeing the piles of crisp leaves mounding up in my yard... something about the last week or so has had me feeling lonely...i've been rambling around the house with diva and kittenhead, who are fine company, but honestly - they do not speak english. i've been delving deep, between the Artist's Way and all the issues the mannequin project has brought out, and just not really having a lot of human companionship...and after being sick for so many days, i came home the other night drained and weepy and totally feeling sorry for myself, and just look who appeared at my doorstep.... what's not to love about a little sock baby? what incredible timing! Thank you - as if you knew... and i felt like, okay, you big derf, stop this feeling sorry/sad stuff now...remember your Lake...reach out...remember you are loved...remember someone else may need to know they are loved and honored and seen and heard and the next day, there, indeed were people who felt down and lonely and invisible that needed to be seen and heard, and i was given the honor of letting them know that they were all that - and a side of fries. and it made me grateful. and the gratefulness moved things outward again. and that drew Good Things to me. so today, as i tgif'd my way into the driveway, i opened the mailbox, and LO! an incredible card & note from a Great Sparkling Ball of Light...just in time...just to push me past that last crumb that was catching in my heart that was trying to tell me This Is All There Is...and i sat there in my car grinning my butt off and feeling not so lonely and not so unseen and not so B-movie sappy. remind someone this weekend that you honor them...that their friendship is important...that they are boundless and endless and wonderful - just by Being. it really feels good...to the giver and the receiver. thank you, all, for gifts received and thoughts sent and for just Being. i send my deepest love to each of you. xoxLinda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you use those boats? If so I am coming to visit so you can teach me how to...no not canoe..... kayaking . Right?
A lovely picture of you!

Linda said...

the green one is mine - i call it "the turtle" because it's virtually impossible to tip! come on down (up?) and we'll paddle! linda