a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 16, 2009

first: Happy Birthday Georgia! may your year be full & juicy and bursting with goodness and gratitude! you are a VSP. this is short & sweet...my intention was to stay up late late and rock out this mannequin. tomorrow is the last full day i have to complete it, if it's to be shipped in time. although gailwhonevercalls has a husband who works for one of those fastest shipping companies, and he recommended overnight shipping because it's handled less - from the hub to the plane and on to it's new home. makes sense. so i may have a few more minutes after all! as i mentioned, my INTENTION was to rock it...not so. my face is swollen and i think i may have a root canal issue brewing. usually happens on a friday or saturday when every endodontist is closed. i've taken tylenol and some leftover antibiotics. i think some vodka may help. the other woman in my new office space (read: former storage closet with 3 women in it) has been out 3 days with a flu. since we sit on top of each other, i am hoping this achy painy eyes hurt thing is really just the tooth. of course i could have run across the street to one of our offices, but since i was the only employee in my dept today, and because i have my own outside (expensive) dentist, i didn't go. and my dentist is not open on fridays since he is also an artist and gives himself a 3-day weekend to make art. my endo, on the otehr hand, works fairly normal dental hours and buys my art. so the quandry. my art usually sells to him for exactly the price i need to pay him. funny how that works out. so as i stare at a suitcase filled with doodads and shtuff to attach to miss mannequin, i am out of gas. the effort needed to wield a needle & thread is more than i can muster. i went to bed at 8:30 last night, too. my body preparing for todays pain, i guess. so it'll be an early one tomorrow morning, and a day in the studio with no breaks. i have so many projects brewing in my bee brain right now. i apologize, Georgia - your present will be delivered late. but filled with love! OH! go here and look at this amazing stuff! i personally own some of it and highly recommend it. i do not have the full collection, so if you feel inclined to buy me a birthday present, any would be great. just sayin. xox linda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see a picture of this mannequin!!!
I know it is awe-inspiring, stupendous and basically breathtaking. I am saying prayers that while you sleep tonight all pain disappears from you body so you can work like a girl possessed.