a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 22, 2007

a perfect day




today is A Perfect Day...a light breeze whispers over my sun-warmed shoulders as i take diva dog on the Short Walk over the dock, through the echo echo tunnel and past the Monkey tree. just perfect! this morning at 4am, she ran out of love and woke me up to fill her tank. a little paw tapping gently beside my face on the pillow...her special little Eskie-dog noise she makes when she's trying to be very quiet but definately needs my attention. sort of an "uuummmmmm" sound. her whole body wiggles with excitement when she senses i'm awake and she starts licking my hand. i say "senses" because even if i don't move a muscle, she seems to know that i am out of the Dreamworld. she then does her shameless Love Me flop across me, indicating clearly that her belly needs a scratch. i didn't want to wake you up, mom...my belly made me. so once her Love quotient was reached, we got up to go out. as she checked her favorite spots for intruders and messages, i knew i was up for the day. i've been trying to figure out a way to combine my passion for rusty metal with my love for textural fiber. trying for months now. rolling around ideas in my head like a worry stone. rejecting this one, putting that one in the Maybe file. and this morning - i GOT it! not one to be a sketch-it-out type, i thought maybe this would be a good time to get some basics on paper anyway....after all, it was 4:30am and who knows where this incredible thought would be at 5:30? page after page after page ...breaking pencil leads in my mechanical pencil...more coffee more coffee...the energy of the idea feeding off itself...growing...expanding in depth and taking on greater form...a conference of thoughts...all the while, night crickets squeeking in the background...how much better does life get? so i'm off to work on this....i'll leave you with some pictures of our walk..............L