a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

need some z's

i was not aware that a human could be THIS tired and still have functioning lungs and heart. when the husband is out of town, diva dog turns into a guard dog and barks at the slightest provocation...like a flea farting 2 blocks away. plus her tummy is NOT happy, having been on a hunger strike for days now. although i suspect she is supplementing with the Crunchy Crappy stuff i leave out 24/7 for her snacking enjoyment. so every 30 mins, just as i'm dozing off nicely, she starts in with her wolfdog/rottweiler impression. and because i'm just a wee bit paranoid - no, careful - from my 911 days, i sleep with a portable phone on hubby's empty pillow. i've wanted to call my old pals some nights and say "hey" just to have someone on the phone when the ax murderer comes around the corner to kill me. in real life, he'd probably slip on Big Stuffed Brown Bear and end up ax-ing himself. One night last year i must have grabbed the phone and fell asleep with it in my hand. when i woke up there was an open line and my fingers had pushed in numbers of someone's house. i wanted to call them back (at a decent hour) and apologize profusely, offering to send a child or 2 over to do chores for them. but i figured they'd endured enough of me for a while, so just let it be. *** it is now my "Team Leader's" turn to be out sick, and we've been bombarded with calls this week. 1 less bell to answer means more bells on my phone. next week, we'll all be crazy - 2 new people start, but 1 oldie leaves. there goes my window of opportunity for a relapse! i am going to have a talk with the Big Boss tomorrow about going part time. that will ease my husband into the fact that i'll be "no" time by january. happy birthday to me! it's just time. i've been going back & forth on this decision since i first decided 7 years ago. and it's just so dumb. i can think of no reason not to...not any reasons that feel genuine, anyway. and there's always radio! ah yes - getting up at dark o'clock...working in my pj's...and those fabulous "appearances" you do at used car lots where people walk up and say "i thought you'd be taller/thinner/shorter/heavier/prettier/younger/whatever." and i stifle my reply that i'd always assumed our listeners married outside their immediate families. huh. who knew. don't get me wrong - i LOVE radio. i do. and it's what i was born to do, 2nd to art. but that 2am wake-up call gets harder and harder every year. especially in the winter. BUT - at 9am, when i'm done for the day....YIPPEE SKIPEE! how do you like me now? so anyway, i'll save you from a protracted ramble to nowhere and just stop now. just wanted to touch base. and thank you Gail for calling. L.