a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, June 16, 2011

where to start??

oy. deep breath. hold on - have to grab my coffee. ok i'm back. so last march, i sat in my cube and decided i Could Not Do This Anymore, and plus PSD needed support, so i left and the rest is history. and having had respite periods before, and knowing that All The Time In The World can translate into a dreamy fugue-state where nothing gets done and suddenly you regret all the time you wasted, knowing that, i vowed not to waste one nano second. and i did not. for a month and a half. then after the first festival, gave my self a day or two or three a week two weeks to recover and regroup and have big thoughts and virtually do not a lot. so tuesday, as i was coming out of the anesthesia, i was having a dream about painting a huge, glorious painting. it was remarkable - oranges and glittery gold and some green and i was trying to focus on it so i would remember it but this Loud Insistent Sound kept making me (in the dream) turn my head away to the source of the Sound which sounded an awful lot like a nurse calling my name to wake me up and she just wouldn't stop. til finally, of course, my brain, lemming-like, woke my body up and PoOf the painting in the dream gave way to a really unattractive cotton curtain around my bed in recovery, and that Sound was telling me i should try to get up and walk. had i been able to, i fear her life would not be the same. at least her mood would have dimmed. but foggy headed, i vowed again to get on the stick and make art and get going with applications and phone calls and all the yukky parts of being a fulltime artist. and an amazing thing happened. once again, the magic clicked. and a phone call i was badgered into making turned into an opportunity that i would never dare hope for - a show with 2 internationally collected artists. hunh?? yes. and the double magic: i did not feel the least bit intimidated. it actually got my creative smile going and the mojo running. so if that was that, then it would still be a cool thing, but not so fast. today, as husband pulled out of the driveway to go play golf, i was left to wait for the cable repair person. (not really cable anymore but you know what i mean). the person was a woman named Lisa. and she had to check the router which is in a close corner in my studio. that prompted conversation. she looked around and said "I'm starting a bakery." well, we were off and running! She is working 70 hours at her Big Girl Job AND doing the bakery biz AND has 4 kids. where's the cape?? it's called Pastry Stop. i can't wait for her to retire so she can make sugary goodness fulltime. she has an item called cake balls that sound so intensely yummy that i started to drool. she left with my info, other contact info, and a "dream" necklace, because i know her dream will get her through til she retires. i adore her. and unless she's mainlining Red Bull, she has such a natural enthusiasm and energy that I have no doubt, she'll be a Frosting Force to be reckoned with. she's good people, as dad used to say. there's other news that will have to wait...i have to get a few necklaces in the mail (Hey Squammies!) and head out for a date with my Angel Friend to TH3. Secret Lentil & Barbara Bags at Szozda Gallery, along with Joyce Day Homan (eek - Mrs. Homan to me - my 7th grade art teacher), Carmen's glass and other amazing things! will continue tomorrow. or later if i can't sleep again tonight. (my apologies to anyone who received a late night posted email from me today if it clogged up your email box).

No comments: