a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, June 18, 2011

For those who have asked.... depending on your monitor, this should give an idea of the difference between the sterling & the copper. Personally, I love copper for it's warmth and the patina it takes on with age. Copper has traditionally been thought of as having healing properties, but who knows? I am thrilled and honored to make these talismans for my Squam tribe! It does my heart good to see women from all backgrounds, and all parts of the world, with this commonality of the spirit. You should all know we speak the same language, and that language has no words. A few weeks ago, I ran into a woman who was at Squam1, and when she said, "weren't you at Squam?" it encompassed everything. When I go into Barnes & Noble, I see magazine articles and books written by friends made at Squam, and it just makes me smile. and tear up a little, i admit. When you stop to follow the thread of this backwards to the beginning, so very many things could have stopped it. but didn't. The fact that the RDC is even there is totally remarkable. Take time to read the history of the camps, and it will blow you away. then fast forward to the incredible dream Elizabeth had, that she had the fortitude to bring to fruition...gah! it's just so much amazing, as my little neighbor says. so that's why i say i am honored to make these lovelies for you...with each one, I know it is going to a woman who has been there for the pink unicorns and quiet moments of the heart, and has been changed.

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

this is awesome, sweetie !!! I want one, of course, to commemorate our very own moment of the heart among the sweet Squam memories ! Such an awesome idea !