a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a slow start today ...up at 3:30 with diva's kidney clock, but snoozed back to bed til 6. there are 2 young men asleep on my couch. 2 nights ago, there was just one. i fear they are multiplying. husband is working on an epic guest room project that thus far has taken 3 weeks to paint a small room. next, he is insisting that the carpets get scrubbed before any any beds get moved back. but he is out of town today, and i am tired of creeping around at dark o'clock while stepson snores on the couch. today i'll reassemble the bed. there's time to do the carpets in august. the second boy is a friend of stepsons. i don't ask anymore. today will be a short studio day, followed b a trip to the gallery to grab some of my collages back to take to rochester tomorrow for another gallery show. am (once again) grateful all over again, for the freedom of time to be able to do this. when i used to sit in my cube at my Big Girl Job, i'd play a game with myself wherein i'd imagine what i'd do, should i win the lottery. having taken a summer off before, and having squandered that time, i resolved that i would set goals and stick to them. i'm happy to report that within the freedom of structuring my days, i am not squandering a minute. in fact, i'm busier & more productive than i was at the BGJ. and that feels good. plus i get to have lazy days if i want. like today. if you've ordered a necklace from me, it is either on it's way, or I am finishing up. i have 2 to get in the mail today (but 1 still needs additional info before i can process the card...pls email me if i've contacted you!!), and 2 in job boxes ready to start, and 5 more that are awaiting decisions about color and metal. tomorrow i head to a vendor show to get some pretty pretty new gemstones and beads and beauties! I am cautiously excited. cautious because i loose my MIND at these things...i want it all, and if i had a way to back my car into the venue and say "load er up!" i would. but i'll be good. snort. yeah, right! still feeling a tiny bit funked, so i'll go now and eat something healthy before the grippe gets an advantage. have a fantastic day! what we speak becomes the house we live in... -Hafiz

No comments: