a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

the Pearl

there is an ice storm outside...my trees coated thickly with frozen rain...soon, if we believe the weatherguy, to be covered by a blanket of snow. i look forward to a power walk through my woods to gnaw on some thought-faeries that have been pinkling around in my head. and today the weather seems like a good analogy for what has been Chosen as my Life-Assignment (Good Morning Mr. Phelps). a beautiful spirit covering over some slippery, dangerous spots. old Stuff... never resolved, just calcified, then covered over. not to hide, but just too tired to deal. sort of like closing the door on a messy room when company comes. then you just never open it again. On Jonatha Brooke's CD, The Works, there's a song called My Sweet And Bitter Bowl. There's a part in it that snagged my imagination, and has made itself into art-in-progress on my worktable. i don't think she'll mind if i quote that part here (and you really should buy the CD anyway): ..."If you would open and raise my soul If you would pass my gates and doors If you'd unlock my frozen loves, Just drink my sweet and bitter bowl..." so, for me, it's the whole imagery of someone making such an incredible, focused effort to get through the maze of Stuff ...just to get to the heart of the matter....to love someone or something so very much that you would work & effort & fatigue trying to open these heavy steel, rusted, padlocked doors, and never give up...and travel through the distances needed, and burn with them, scream & cry late into the night & grieve with them, and also dance crazy and rejoice with them...that the love was such that none of the bitter mattered...none of the bad, the consuming pyre, the just plain aching deadness -was all the same as the honeycomb sweetness and pure brightness and delight...it was all the same...the goal was worth the task needed to reach it...that, my friends, is what i am passionate about...reaching the center...looking into the heart, the soul, the spirit...where the gleaming pearl of a person is - born of endless chafing and washing away of unneeded grit, keeping only the essential...the pearl. to know you, and to know myself... to seek inwardly and maybe clean that messy room a bit. if done a little at a time, it isn't so overwhelming. but i think now, today, it's time to dig a little past the surface, and into that messy room. time to feng shui my heart of hearts and dust off that pearl. the gates and doors and padlocks, with all their beautiful rust, need to be dusted and oiled and spiffed up to welcome visitors. funny, the dusting stuff is called Behold! just sayin. *wink nudge* L.

No comments: