a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

old friends and baby days being born

Today at lunch, i was leafing through my copy of American Craft magazine, and LO! there was a new creation, Faydor, by my friend, and mentor, Wendy Ellertson! a beauty if i do say so! and seeing this familiar name, and familiar work, in the middle of my Other day at my Big Girl Job, well, it just felt like getting flowers...or a call from a long-lost friend...or a really really Nice Thing - something for the gratitude journal. and it got me thinking about how i finished not one, but two TWO sculptures in 2 days in Wendy's workshop, which got me thinking about Then....and Now...and what was different...and how i need to focus more, and become quiet and meditative enough to allow the work to flow - it's in there...i see it all the time. and to spend maybe a bit less time in front of this box, and more time bending wire and playing with rust. so although i adore you, and keeping up with your blog is like a hearty meal for my soul, i think i need to step away for a few days as a test. and meanwhile, let some creatures out that have been roaming the wilds of my brain. see, as i type this, my spirit is getting excited about the possibilities...my hands have been longing to create...what is stopping them? i don't know. but i do know that spending time on introspection will just Waste time...Just Do It, Nike, Just Do It! so tonight, i'll prepare my mise en place for my work tomorrow. i'll set up the coffeepot. i'll get diva's anti-tummy-distress meal ready. and i'll begin to celebrate within, and go to that place within, that holds all Promises and Magic, and stand at the window to make a withdrawl against my account. i'll begin the day early with a steamy mug of coffee, spiced with a smidge of cinnamon...ipod tuned to kirtan...hair up in a ponytail..sweatpants, flannel shirt...deep breath....ahhhh. begin. catch ya on the flip side...L.

No comments: