a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, January 02, 2009

my first ever contest!

first a little housekeeping...Thank you, Steven Tyler. you always know exactly what to say. i am totally exhausted and rocked. whew! now send me your feet for my neighbor. nope - not whatcha thinkin. i was all wrung out and tired, but needed some oomph to get the next step of this project done...so my cure? a little Walk This Way (live, of course) on the IPod. actually, about 5 repeats of it. loud. the cats are furious about the noise from my jumping, banging and out-of-tune-loudly-singing. the trip back to my glory days was worth any future embarrassment with Youngblood. can't explain my facination with Tyler. oh well. there are secrets, then there are Secrets. did i ever tell y'all i was in a band years ago? i was. traveled Quebec and Canada and the US side of the border through Buffalo. picture me, 50 lbs thinner, black over-the-knee suede boots..singing some STUFF in french. still have the boots. i cleaned up my act (so to speak) when i lost my voice. that's where i met Mark the Biker and the Incident with the Lifesavers. i'll repeat another time. but the voice thing is g-o-n-e. a blessing, i suppose, because is there anything more pathetic than an aging granny rocker? so i'm dying to send someone a bag o' my favorite Ginger Pear Tea! so here's the deal ... post me a thought to the blog questions in the previous post (holly - you're in)...are you sick of this blog? stale? too real? not real enough? what are your thoughts about blogs in general? what about Steve Tyler? (just kidding about him). and next fri i'll scientifically pick a winner. it's just that the blog has become such a phenomenon....blogstars need only an etsy shop and they're off and running...no more business cards or sales reps...it just facinates me. and what makes a Blogstar? what makes one blog viral, and another unnoticed? what an incredible time to be alive, i tell you! having lived through nickel phone booths (actual BOOTHS) with rotary dial phones, on through to today's cell technology...wow...i feel old and wonderous at the same time. so drop me a line or write a whole missive....i'm back to Steve. L.

No comments: