a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Saturday, September 27, 2008

rhythm of the rain

can i say - i LOVE the rain...i love walking in it, i love watching it cascade down my A-Frame garage roof, i most especially love listening to it while i'm bundled up in a fluffy comforter on the couch with a good book and some good tea, my diva dog snoring my my side. today is that day. the rain alternates between a gentle tapping on my roof, to a surf-sound lullabye. a woodpecker mistakes my cedar shingles for a tree and taps away. for today, i let him. undeterred, blue jay and finch and cardinal swoop in to feed at my windowbox. a mourning dove sits nearby trying to figure out the logistics. diva and i have returned to our routine...breakfast, walk, studio, lunch, nap, studio, little walk, dinner, walk. she is my sweetest. even with the recurring skunk-head smell. today she plopped her princessly self down in the middle of the bathroom floor staring at me - willing me to read her mind. so, out came the blow dryer. she sat still and turned her head this way and that, to be sure i fluffed everything perfectly. then turned for the other side. i swear. when she was all hurtful after her surgery, i would tell her the story of the princess who had sooo much love that God turned her into a puppy before she exploded - because, as you know, puppies have an unlimited capacity for love. now, i KNOW dogs cannot understand a full bedtime story. i am aware. however...THIS one prefers to hear it. every night now. i am sure it's the soothing sound of my voice that does it, rather than the actual story (which has gotten quite detailed as these months have worn on). so no harm. and it's great birth control! so, on that note, i will snooze a bit, then continue working on my CrowWoman. remind me to tell you about the snipe and the hummingbird. L.

No comments: