a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

oh, and PS -

I am super excited about this! when husband & I hit the road to NYC in a week, i threw in a haircut for myself here. my hair has gotten sooo long (past my shoulder blades in the back) but i didn't know what to do with it or who to trust with it. so, yes, it makes sense to have a total stranger in a different city cut it, right? someone i know nothing about? that has no references to check? perfectly logical, right? well, i guess it's like overpaying for anything - you perceive it to be better. and i checked my particular stylist's gallery and there's nothing weird or wonky, but lots of normal stylish stuff. hopefully she doesn't weep when she sees my roots. So our plan is to see the Guggenheim, MoMA, the 9/11 Memorial, and then wander a bit. my haircut is the day we leave, so we'll just leave from there. i'm trying to talk husband into leaving here at dark o'clock, so we can have breakfast in a cafe there, but with the block party happening the day before, it isn't looking good. i have a lot to absorb in 4 days. if you know of anything non-touristy that i should not miss, let me know.

No comments: