a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

wednesday #2

for a lot of years now, I've taken my heart home for a week in september...here...as usual, i've wished my summer away in anticipation. as i worked this morning, i had a suspicion this will be the hardest Squam for me to say goodbye to at the end...my job as a creative entails long hours in solitude, working in my studio with just diva and bulimia kitten for company. I eagerly welcome Jehovah's Witnesses into my home for a coffee when they come to the door...the FedEx guy usually drops the box, rings the bell and runs for the safety of his truck...and God help the wrong number dialed to my phone. so to have the opportunity to gather with actual people - well! what an experience! and not just "people," but like-minded creative souls...i cannot begin to tell you what this week means to me. in past years, it's been a difficult goodbye to old friends, new friends, all embraced as a new part of my heart. i expect all that again, plus the just plain overwhelmingness of people who speak my inner language - even just people! i know this is stepping into Pathetic Territory, and some would say it would be heaven to be in a studio with No One Bothering Them, and I do appreciate it to the absolute fullest. but once in a while, it would be nice to have a chat with a non-4 legged creature. oy. blame this ramble on a drippy day outside, and Jonatha Brooke hitting my iPod shuffle. but i swear i smell a campfire....

2 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

I just spend way too much time visiting blogs and FB instead of inviting in JW's or chatting to telemarketers ! You Kook !
I am so happy to hear that you have loved making my necklace.I can't wait to see it when the artist is done with it.
May your Squam dreams keep you company today, Lovely One !

henrysmom said...

IT'S DONE!! and gorjus!! call me for arrangements......