a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, August 12, 2011

this morning has yet to dawn...it's still dark out at 4am, and the world still belongs to The Night Things. the nights and mornings have been cool & dry, as I sit in the backyard listening for the cardinals and finches to wake up. diva finally comes down the stairs, after sleeping on my empty pillow for another hour. it's the best time of the day. she snuggles up next to me waiting for scratches and hugs, her wag going full tilt. i adore this dog. and my life would certainly be different without her. there would not have been the daily rush home from work to let her out, or the nightly ritual hand-licking she absolutely must perform in order to be sure i'm tucked in properly for the night. she has been a joy, and a stress. i wouldn't trade her for any other dog - even one that doesn't have a tendency to nip, bite, attack anything coming into the house...not for a dog that will eat any food placed in it's bowl and be happy, or never throw up on the couch/rug/clean laundry/cat/me. so we sat out back for about half-an-hour, listening as the moon handed over the day to the dawn...her warm furbody pressed against my leg, and i held that moment, and tucked a little bit of it in my heart for when i might need it...for when i felt a little down or a little overwhelmed...i could take that treasure of a moment out and look at it in my mind and feel it warm me. it's those moments that make this life wonderful, possible, conquerable, purposeful. wishing you warm furbody moments today - look for them...i'm sending them right....now!

No comments: