a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, July 01, 2011

a 2-fer post!

not the best pictures but just taking a quick break to rest my wrists and back...i've been hands-deep in yummy, creamy Blue Opal from India (which is really a very light greenish), and a stunning Aquamarine from Nairobi. I love that I can hand pick these stones! While I work, I think about where they came from, and all the hands that held them, and here they are on my worktable...blows me away. yesterday was just incredible...did i mention that in the past few posts?? aside from meeting Shawn, I came home with a tote bag filled with sparkly amethyst, fresh & fun glass squares with millefiori flowers, incredible topaz, some really really cool turquoise that i can't wait to pair up with some wooden beads and also some sparkly Swarovski crystals. i tended to go for a lot more brighter colors than i normally thought i would, but in the same tonal range. as my friend Gail always says - all colors go with all colors, so i guess it will hard to decide which to pick for the next piece! it's a beautiful day...warm & sunny, with a gentle breeze. perfect to kayak. diva wore out her welcome at grandma's wednesday night, though, when she wouldn't let grampa into bed. the little gremlin. so, it will be a day around the studio, and husband shampooing carpets. i suspect this month will go quickly, and i have a ton to do before the end of the month...so break is over! Have a beautiful day!

No comments: