a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

yep - that's me in the bottom left-hand corner! i am so pleased to be included in this show...many of the other artists are people whom i've admired for a while, and i'm thrilled. so, if you made it here, thank you. i know that last post was a long & winding road, and i wouldn't blame you for fast forwarding through it. it's just that there is a shift going on within me...plate tectonics. the whole Turning Fifty thing may have started it, who knows, sounds reasonable, whatever. but as i worked at some jewelry this morning, thoughts continued to weave languidly around my heart...not quite settled, so not ready to rest. i came down for lunch, and grabbed my Pure Inspiration magazine (lovely magazine) and opened to any page. i HAVE to read when i eat if i'm alone. i had opened to an interview with Louise Hay. and a few paragraphs down, she was answering the questioner's question about when she started doing her "Hayrides." she replied that it was 30 years ago...when she was 50. when she was 50. she started. she started something unbelievably wonderful...30 years ago...when she was 50. the bolt of lightening hit me...so fifty isn't the beginning of the gracious decline into decrepitude? this woman, Louise Hay, began a global project. when she was 50. she BEGAN it then. yes, i know - you got it already. but it took me a few re-reads for the entire fabu-ness of it to seep into my heart. and that began to cleanse the anger i've had...at myself for not pushing myself harder...at my husband for being in my way...at my job for asking me to actually show up in order to get paid...at my mother (ah-ha!) for making me the parent when my father died...i had anger here, i had anger there. like Dr. Suess says: in a boat, with a goat, in a box, with fox...i had anger here and there, i had anger everywhere. well - i changed that last part. so as i sat back and held my breath, Anger came out came out from wherever it was...hiding here in disguise as righteousness, and there as justification, oh and here was a good one...over there as hurt and sadness. it's easier to be hurt and sad than to admit Anger. Anger is ugly and sticky. plus you can get over Anger, but hurt and sadness tend to linger a bit. so as i watched my vegetable soup get chilly and put on a second skin, i held each area of anger to the light, and bid it adieu. especially the one that had it's friend Fear with it. shalom...farewell. so i'll give the initial credit to Louise Hay, who 30 years after starting Something, appears to be going strong with what happened here today. an inkling turned idea turned realization. hoy! did i just lose 5 pounds of junk i was carrying?? L.

No comments: