a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, March 06, 2009

now where was i?

sorry - i've been trapped in a life with 2 bulimic cats and a dog with an identity crisis. the cats also like to recreate that famous Gene Kelly moment from Singin' In The Rain. except in their own yark. so a speedy cleanup is required and has kept me on my toes. the dog. oy. never mind. so the stepgirlchild called me. called ME. from college today. never a good sign. she has a perfectly good mother with credit cards. i'm the Holder Of The Secrets. and The Fixer. i have quite a bag of dirt to someday hold over her head. unspoken, but we both know the day will come. today, though, she called to tell me excitedly that she will be trying out for America's Next Top Model, which will be in her town tomorrow or the next day and is doing a season of short girls...like, under 6'8". she is a gorgeous girl, taller than me, but a bit unprepared for some of the misbehavin' i see on that show. but maybe she'll be a fresh example for the other girls. or maybe turn into a crack whore. hopefully, she'll do what makes her happy, either way, and either way make enough money to pay her own tuition should she return to academia. which wouldn't be likely in either case, but here i ramble. her mom overnighted her some bathing suits, which hurt me to know that i clearly wasn't the first to get in on this news. should she see a pink plus-sign, i can betcha she'll have ME on speed dial asap. but anyway, still felt warm & fuzzy to be included. and wondered what my role was - what did she need from me? turns out ...nothing. she had planned to bring her bathing suit and a change of clothes to WalMart and have them photograph her. i can't even comment here...my visual mind is all a-scurry. anyway, cross your fingers for her...this proves to be an exciting weekend! new topic: i got my new contacts adjusted today - i mentioned that faraway was good, and close up was good, but medium was not so good. so he gave me a new lens to try in my left eye. my vision is now equally matched - i cannot see duke in either eye. do not drive with, or near me at night, y'all. new topic: i am screamin' through my assemblage that was inspired by Jonatha Brooke's song Sweet & Bitter Bowl. i was at a standstill and decided to organize a bit, then BAM. if you know anyone who wants almost every issue of Quilting Arts magazine...they are free for the asking - just pay postage, or come pick up. new topic: AT LONG LAST my tshirts are in!! so i can start hand-painting for the etsy shop! whoo hoo! ok enough chit chat....back to glue and rust and such. oh - i got the m-o-s-t unBElievable mail today! gail, (who's husband should be honored for turning his mancave garage into a sewing annex) that gail, sent me a teabag attached to a note "one precious bag." not just ANY tea...Pickwick STRAWBERRY tea...with real bits of strawberry...hark! the 70's and strawberry essential oil...drink it? save it? drink it? save it? DRINK IT! oooohhhhh! pure, warm, cozy cozy, cup o sex. it is remarkable. total bliss in a bag. i will honor the tea bag in a shrine when it will no longer work. i plan to get at leat 3 maybe 4 pourings out of this. thank you Gqotu! new topic: check out Skirt magazine! dudeloves...it is the swirlinator! really great essay...a must read! ok, i'm done. L.

No comments: