a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, November 13, 2008

when wishes come true

be careful what you wish for, part deux. i am sick today. really yukky sick. fever / chills / bodily fluids. i wanted time to read my go-zillion books, and joked about a sick day. it was just a joke. *sigh* but the universe apparently does not understand the concept of "just kidding." i had to take Nyquil last night in order to sleep. i don't take it often at all (despite my jokes & references to it) because it does strange things to me. so i woke up this morning all sick & yukky, but humming "Aqualung" from Jethro Tull. now i may be old, but i haven't thought about Tull in a long time. i actually went to a Tull concert back in the day (and the tickets were an outrageous $6.50 at the prime of their career!) and didn't hum Aqualung THEN, so it tells you how bongo my brain gets on this stuff. go figure. but in my fevered haze throughout the morning, i dreamt of bearded men in Oliver-esque clothing playing the flute. oy. all i want is some chicken-and-stars soup, some grape soda with chipped ice and my woobie. DivaDog has plastered herself to my side and is keeping watch. so - time to recline. just be careful what you wish for! L.

No comments: