a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, November 14, 2008

spiritual GPS

i got lost. i was headed on the right path, and became distracted. and took directions from an unreliable source...my brain. my spirit said "this way." but the flashy lights and pretty pretties caught the brain's attention, even as the spirit said Oy. i'm finding my way back now...though the path backward is hard to follow - overgrown in parts. maybe if i sit quietly and close my eyes and breathe...maybe if i set an intention to follow my breath to my heart...to my spirit...maybe i won't have to backtrack quite the distance that it feels i must...maybe a nod to the spirit that, yes - you were right all along, maybe that would suffice...i think so...so i tell you here that i do truly and fully appreciate all of the magnificence that surrounds me and abides in me...i am in awe of the Presence of Love that would care about such a speck as me...as much as the hawks and the crows and bard owls and turtles and phesants and the smell of my woods and the powerful roll of waves on my lake and the tiny paw placed in my palm at night and true fierce friends that speak their minds and love intensely and all fine things given me burst my heart with joy - as much as all these wonderful things have been placed in my life, i will realize that they are gifts...gifts...gifts given to be appreciated...gifts selected by the giver for me...and i will be deeply grateful ever.

3 comments:

Spiral Bettie said...

Ahhhh..just as you are a gift, dahw-ling!

henrysmom said...

why thank you...a true compliment coming from someone as fabulous as your fine self! L.

Anonymous said...

*holding up a GREAT BIG LANTERN*

There is always light for you-- I am so sorry you have been feeling lost-- I know how that can be and I want you to know how much I appreciate the light you have brought to my life-- most specifically the shining care you gave to put together that SAW box-- it really brought me back to shore this week and I THANK YOU SO.

Bisous, Elizabeth