a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

just bead it


ha! yes - i am funny. bead it. hilarious. 3 cans of Red Bull (diet) and 4 continuous hours of beading ahead of me. pink beads. oy. i can't do anything but my best, but there's the rub....if this 1st set of fairy wings comes out good, then there will be 3 more to do. *sigh* so here i procrastinate. many wonderful things have happened in the past few days, but i'm jittery and high on Bull, so i will wait till another time to relay them. suffice it to say that as a cosmic trade-off for completely humiliating myself in front of the CEO of my Big Girl Job (social retard that i am), the universe has provided me with an unending supply of FREE alginate. a substance i only recently discovered, despite the fact that my Cubicle is 1 floor directly over a motherload of the stuff. who knew? and you know when you do something oh-so-stupid, you feel compelled to share it with 20 of your closest friends? no? just me? oh. well. so when my bosses boss called me into her office to discuss the Incident with Bob (the CEO), i almost jumped out her window. it wasn't until i was throwing myself across her floor begging for an end to my misery, that i noticed a slight twitch at the corner of her mouth. i held onto that twitch (mentally of course) and reasoned that maybe, just maybe, i was being set up & punked...much like i had done to many a coworker, using lesser tactics. maybe not, though...a risk to inquire. worth it? why not - any fragment of ego was long forgotten...i had most certainly lost my part time employment at the only job that let me be me, as long as i was Someone Else with the customers on the phone. oy. the strangling decision. i went for it. stood up, looked her in the eye, and said brilliantly, "heyyyyyy!" (the defense rests). whereupon i realized i'd played the right cards...i was punked. now how do you like it missy, i ask myself. so okay, i know...back to work. isn't life just all chocolate sometimes? check out the anatomical chocolate heart (and brain, etc) at http://www.pushindaisies.com/ ...very nice! Linda


No comments: