a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, October 19, 2007

i'll show you the door





here's a sampling from http://www.significantelements.org/ ...i regret that i did NOT make it to FREE friday....these are stolen from their website. 400 doors...corbels o plenty...i regret missing out on most free things...however, the universe had other plans for me today. remember the headboards commission? i met with the commisson-er ...an incredible person who loves me more than she should....and has faith in me to create wonderful beautiful things. i am humbled by her praises and confidence. truly. and i will do this project for her because she is an Important Person to me. but let me say this - when you think of wispy, pinky, light and gracious fairy wings upon candyland pink 4-poster canopy little darling beds, if you know me at all, then my name would never come to mind as the person to create such a sugarplum delight. so i guess i should be double-honored to do this, all 4 beds to start. but the part of me that makes me ME is in full leather studded revolt. i'm excited to do the project, don't get me wrong. but it's just so......PINK! so very very pink. and not like-the-singer-Pink. bubblegum pink, with a little heartsy shape over the "I" pink. pink pink pink. i really really hate pink. but i love my friend, and i love the concept and so i will wrassle pink chiffon into fairy wings with uber-beadwork and little faschizzles all over them. i may even *gasp* make a life size fairy-person to come up over the headboard to wear these wings. now that would be fun. maybe i could sneak a little tattoo on her! gotta work fast tho - deadline for sugarplum #1.....11/13. my photog has proven himself incredibly talented and equally as unreliable. after 3 cancellations, you just don't want my business bad enough. onward from there. diva and i snuck in a post-rain walk, and the smell of the pine needles....oohhh! heaven! maybe i should make a pine needle fairy. a little on the asking-for-trouble-when-a-little-eye-gets-poked-out side of things maybe. pink. hunh. so i'm off to try to find a dumpster load of pink beads and ribbons and chochkees to sew on. i refuse to glitter though. i stand firm on the glitter issue. there is a bonus here tho...a rusty lining to a dark cloud....my friend's basement is crammed with old rusty tin ceiling tile. she slyly gave me a piece to take home and fondle, with innuendos of more to come. that one ain't stupid! i am not in the least ungrateful, tho for entertainment purposes i rant on. it's true i don't at all like pink. but work is work i guess! and i hope to be able to exceed her expectations. i will, however, be preparing tactful protests of No More Pink. maybe with a little seafoam green............Linda

No comments: