a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, October 08, 2007

caliperia




here she is...Caliperia....a shrine to remembering to slow down, enjoy the wabi sabi moments and treasures that are right there in front of us...beside us....around us. slow down...center yourself...breathe..enjoy life like chocolate....today marks the beginning of my "new" week - my "more ME time week"....and as a bonus, husband will be gone till friday, so i can work in my studio uninterrupted. just diva dog to keep me company. silence...music...meditation...it's my choice. phone on or off. i usually need music to get my creativity going. then silence as i try to work out a design issue. the forecast says rain all week, which is good for my creative soul....the sound of the rain on the roof....watching the leaves fall outside my wall of windows....and nothing says "stay inside and work" like a rainy day. the past few months have been so hectic. mostly good hectic, but hectic all the same. so much growth has taken place, it brings tears to my eyes to think of it...how did i come to deserve such grace? such compassionate teaching? such abundance? i'll never know, but i'll never forget. when i look at last year's datebook - August, September, October....all months that brought big change in my life. all months that heralded in a new life for me, even as i said goodbye-for-now to my Kita. who could have guessed that my journey had begun in earnest? who would have guessed that the tears that wet my pillow at night would cause such growth? i am not the same...yet i am. i guess it feels more like a few layers have been peeled away....the center always the center - just more able to breathe, to be revealed....like when the first real warmth of spring comes - boots and gloves and scarves are left behind...wool coats are replaced by sweaters or light jackets...travelling lighter...moving with more freedom...making the journey easier. as fall gets going full swing - i wish you a happy spring - inside. L.

No comments: