a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Sunday, July 21, 2013

let the healing begin...


my honest to goodness 1st thought today was, "we're going to get a dog today."  Not sure where the thought came from.  didn't want a dog for any number of reasons, as you can imagine.  Husband and I decided to compromise, and go to the Antiquefest in the morning, then kayak in the afternoon.  we never got the boats.  as we worked our way to the exit, booth by booth, i spied a kennel with a "chug" in it, and there I found my husband knelt down whispering to the pup while rubbing a furry chin.  we hung around longer than we should, and when my husband said, "are you ready?" I reluctantly turned to leave.  so so cute this dog.  He actually meant, Are You Ready For Another Dog.  long story short, meet dog-as-yet-unnamed - part chihuahua and part pug.  he hasn't barked yet, is as happy as anything just to run in the back, loves the kids who came by, love Sadie the "porkie" terrier, peed on the floor already.  the house has had a great gaping exhale since diva died.  my heart has had no peace.  this dog who loves husband and i equally -  who began as neither his nor mine - has brought some life back to the house.  Bulimia cat is not as sure about this, but she/he is the same size as the dog, so it should be okay.  we are leaning toward the name Buddy, as he has been everyone's friend so far.  (after watching Despicable me last night, I was voting for Papoy - the name the minions had for "unicorn" but husband wasn't on board).  But Buddy is good.  


1 comment:

mary lawrence said...

Oh Linda! I am so happy for you and hubby - a new pup in the house!!!

xoxo
mary