a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, July 15, 2013

just when ya think...

it's no surprise or secret that my grieving continues for my Diva.  At the oddest moments, it will envelope me, and I let it have it's way with me.  It's the only way.  But I am moving about in the world normally, and am glad for the quiet nights when I can remember Special Moments, with a smile rather than the waterworks.  And I recognize that the emotional outpouring is not just for Diva, but for the 30 years of a lifestyle tailored to meet the needs of dogs, cats and humans-other-than-myself.  And the immense freedom that is now mine, yet still allowing for respect for the Incredible love and companionship that these 4-legged lives brought to me.  And isn't it just ironic when an email comes to you on just the right morning...a morning following a day when maybe you accidentally pulled a can of dog food from a grocery shelf as you zombied through the store and then remembered...or watched an episode of Cesar Millan and suddenly the thought was almost audible "but you don't have a dog anymore."...and this email comes to you from a friend, maybe, or a stranger, maybe, but either way you just know it was Perfect in it's message and it's timing, and your heart clutches a little, and eases a little and it knows that it knew that...and the message says:

I just want you to know, Linda, that those animals you've known, who've moved beyond the veils of time and space, were forever changed by your love, they're alive and well, and they've banded together to ask me a favor... that I make sure you get this message. 


No comments: