a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, May 23, 2013

2-fer thursday

whew!  taking a break from emails, website creating, and YES - organizing my studio.  whenever i need a break from one, i work on another one.  And in the midst of all that, came to terms with finding my passion.  I just can't deny it any longer.  will have news Very Soon, but things are about to get very exciting around here.  and yes - hindsight has perfect vision.
on another topic, my dear friend (other) Linda shared her favorite poem with me a while ago, and it is just so gentle and wonderful...fits my mood today - nearly flattened with gratitude for what I have, and what is about to be.   (and the dream about being at a huge house party & dancing the night away with Mick jagger has nothing to do with it!)  (Mick Jagger???).
To me, this poem is about announcing your Selfness to the world, not so much about being sad or mourning.  This life goes forward, yes? and whether we choose to stand still in despair or not, it is moving forward.  think of watching a video, with the little bar at the bottom counting out the seconds spent, and seconds remaining.  We may choose to stay in one spot, mentally, but the time goes forward - it's just that you spent all that time not progressing.   Anyway, here's the poem:

Wild Geese
 
You do not have to be good.
You do not have to walk on your knees
For a hundred miles through the desert, repenting.
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
love what it loves.
Tell me about despair, yours, and I will tell you mine.
Meanwhile the world goes on.
Meanwhile the sun and the clear pebbles of the rain
are moving across the landscapes,
over the prairies and the deep trees,
the mountains and the rivers.
Meanwhile the wild geese, high in the clean blue air,
are heading home again.
Whoever you are, no matter how lonely,
the world offers itself to your imagination,
calls to you like the wild geese, harsh and exciting --
over and over announcing your place
in the family of things.

~ Mary Oliver ~
 

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

Definitely in my top 5 poems !
Love it.