a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, September 14, 2012

friday post #2

photo by Thea Coughlin


Five years ago, I took a leap of faith and courage, poured my anxious & sweaty self into my car and drove 7.5 hours to the woods of New Hampshire for an art retreat.  i knew no one.  I was covered in poison ivy.  my husband was uncertain if he would be there when i returned.  but much like the turtle compelled to crack the egg and head for the sea, i was compelled to do this.  no matter how darn difficult.  and there were 1000 reasons to stay home and comfortable, albeit itchy.  but it truly was meant to be.  it was where i met my family.  aren't they beautiful, each and every one?  this is the first year since then that I haven't returned.  so many reasons large & small. but all the same, my spirit is there in the woods, and the absolute compulsion and yearning to be with my family is as strong as the tides.  I wish for you peacefulness, gentleness, wisdom, and laughter that makes you pee your pants.  

No comments: