a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

well, my intentions were good: clean the house top to bottom (including the load of hand wash dishes, while we wait for a replacement dishwasher), do all the laundry, organize my studio, and generally clear the decks and the niggling things that distract.  then create art.  oh, and design a booth for an upcoming vendor show i want to apply for.  oh, and make plans for a movie this week, and maybe dinner with broseph.  but just those things.  except yoga, and maybe finally checking out zumba.  and my dentist appointment wednesday.  just those things.  nothing more. except for a 1pm webinar. but that's it.  a week to paint, with the house to myself. except maybe my self-created to-do list ran on and on and on.  so, here it is 10am, and i've been up for hours and haven't done any of it and my studio is a distracting mess.  i have a choice - start the to-do list and get nothing else done before yoga, or just crank the ipod and paint.  i will have a snack, take my chantix, and paint.  dishes will wait, laundry never seems to go away, maybe painting will help me think of a booth design, everything else can wait (and it will!).  time to test out the cauliflower-blue cheese quiche-y thing i made last night.  early tiny tastes proved quite strong tasting, but i'll let you know.  at least it looks somewhat edible, which is a good start considering only part of the recipe had actually printed, and i couldn't find it online again, and there were water spots that may have changed the amounts of the visible ingredients.  so okay - i'll live wildly.  can't be any worse than my famous Chicken Salmonella.  even the dog walked away from that one.
 be bold, be brave, say "yes" more often, and ask yourself this: why not?

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I've started keeping a master list of ALL the things I need/want to do, then I also have a daily appointment calendar where I list the 1-3 things I will work on each day. I sit down in the evening with the master list and plan out the next day this way; sort of assessing what I finished THAT day and setting some reasonable goals for the next one. It seems to be working! I'm getting things accomplished instead of getting paralyzed by the size of my list.

Guess your dishwasher really DID catch on fire - yikes! Hope there were no other casualties.