a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I C U

as in "I see you" but i don't...went to the eye dr last night, and can I pose this question: if they can put a man on the moon, why can't they figure out a way to get your eyeglass prescription without having to depend on me to tell someone if A or B is clearer? C or D? so i will have some spanky new glasses soon (as soon as the Hubble is done with it's magnification lens) but they sent me out the door with a pair of trial contacts ... i am soo excited - they never not ever have my prescription on hand. and that made me smile big. except i can't really see anything nothing i tell you up close, even with "readers." like the keyboard on this computer is very very fuzzy, and if i didn't have a vague familiarity with where some keys are, it would look like this: b829fjdnovn, etc. So, good and bad news. and forget about my phone. feh. no way. it is reduced to an overpriced flashlight right now. but i don't really care much about contacts so all-in-all, it will be fine. i have some incredible news...i asked a friend to ask her niece to manifest something Big and Scary for me. and sometimes Those That Fulfill The Manifest Requests know better than you. Sort of like a Grandma Lana, but more smoke & mirrors. so just the other day, an amazing thing happened, and it was so amazing, and i've been so much a posterchild for mental Red Bull, that it took a full 2 days for me to realize that This was the actual opportunity i wanted for now. So the Grandma Lana diety said, "Feh - you tink you vant, but no- Lana know what you should vant - is goot you like." all i really want is a room of my own. a large, bright, temperature controlled room with a lock on the door. to run rampant, artwise, knowing that i don't have to clean up till i'm ready to, or keep the noise down, unless i want to. and the studio at the Delavan showed me that i actually Need this. but...the affordability question was resolved. but...i didn't want to spend that much time away from my diva, and although there are plenty of don't-ask-don't tell dogs down there, she is not compatible with most things in life, and is not one to keep her muzzle to herself. so when husband mentioned that he was moving his office downstairs, leaving me the Entire 22 x 22 room to myself, i almost cried. well, i actually did a bit. and last night it sunk in that This would be perfect for now. Perfect. the floors were never finished, as the previous (original) owner died (in the kitchen) before completing the room. there are matching throw rugs end-to-end covering the bare plywood underneath. perfect! those bad boys will be gone in a NY minute when we do the Great Move. this will take a bit, because the huge U-shaped desk my husband uses, was actually constructed inside the room, so it must be de-constructed, then re-constructed downstairs. neither one of us has the energy for that right now, but i'm workin' it up baby. so it's a very goot thing yes. i can wwander in and artify whenever i want, and diva can still go out whenever she howls. and we are all together koo koo ka choo. gotta love manifestation. i guess my fear was that my request would become misdirected to the maniNfestation department, and there are plenty enough of them around here as it is. so off to find the shower (hands along the wall) and start the hamster wheel. oh - have i mentioned i have an art show coming up friday? maybe once or twice? i think i'm so excited about this one because i get to sharewith the amazing felter extraordinaire Elizabeth Moldenhauer. she just amazes me with her skill, her creative swerve, and her Self. you just have to meet her, truly. my life is More because i know her. and you will definately want to own one of her pieces, so bring your checkbook. or cash.

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

Superb news ! I love it when a plan that we didn't know we made comes together ! ;)
I am thinking that perhaps there is a guy who needs a little work and who would be will to move the monster desk for a few bucks or some art he could pawn on the corner ? Who knows what will manifest !
Hugs to you, Seeing Lady!