a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Thursday, April 08, 2010

you know, it's strange getting older. i still feel like i'm 20-something, but then i catch a glance in the mirror and EEK! there's my mother looking back at me. i worry that i'll be like that creepy/cool aunt that does not act her age...still wearing long denim skirts and peasant blouses and saying "right on!" (like my sister). i feel like i'm coming closer to knowing mySelf as the seasons change (daily here in upstate NY) and, though frustrating at times, is an easy feeling...laying back in a small boat on a sunny day, being gently lulled by the current. and the truth is that i DO feel most like mySelf wearing long skirts and peasant blouses and all manner of gypsy-wear, and don't say "right on," but lived in a time when everyone did. not just Canadians. and yes, i can rock a mullet, but choose not to. so i look at the clothes i wear to the cube farm everyday, and they don't say "me." and my hairstyle doesn't say "me." and something in me fights this - is confused...so i've become rough-edged and prickly...walls and barbs. but that little twinkle inside kept shining and fighting it's way to the top and kept reminding me of who i am ... deep inside. and now, the excavation continues. a few years ago, i started slowing down, mentally & intentionally - paying better attention to the details of the blessing of life that had been gifted to be...paying better attention to the things i allow into my life - good & bad...and i was amazed on both counts. so i began to weed through things, and clear out the things that were choking out the room for the good things. then rested for a while, and my creativity blossomed and my opportunities opened up. although i feel that i am true to myself, i don't feel that i project that...in my dress or, sometimes, in my speech & reactions. so i feel a softening of the edges beginning to work in me...a breaking down of the last defenses and

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

I think we will only know most of ourSelf while we are on this planet. We are getting closer and closer to learning and being true to that Self but I don't think we can get there in a world as mixed up and messed up as this. Sometimes I feel like we are the pioneers and that the next few generations will use what we have learned to really LIVE...don't know this for sure but...my head hurts right now and all I can do is go back to what I do know for sure...in this moment, I am good, the rain is falling, I have some house cleaning to do, a friend coming for pizza and a movie tonight, and art day with Colleen tomorrow morning, and Sudafed works well with my antidepressants. ;)
Big, big Love to you, Linda ! And Happy Friday !