a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

no - i didn't fall off the edge of the earth, and i'm not ignoring your emails! i'm have issues with my server and either haven't been able to get into my email, or haven't been able to send any (or both). sometimes, if i look nonchalantly the other way and hit SEND real quick, then whistle a bit, an email will slide through the void. so that's where i'm at, virtually speaking. artistically...well, similar. i just read Jenny Doh's new book and am totally inspired. i just need some time to put it in action! last night, i grabbed some gesso and slopped it on some muslin. after that dried, i scribbled some watercolor crayons on top, then wet it and sprinkled it with some twinkle dust Pearl-Ex (but just a little) and then splattered some alcohol ink on top. i actually like it. and i'd share it, but alas, the same gremlin that stole my email has floodlebuzzed my picture thingie. but it felt so good to watch my hands move like an artist's...to feel the colors...to have no purpose for making the art...just to smoosh stuff around. and i think that's why i like painting - it's not my "real" artform, so there's no pressure to put on myself...whew! what a relief! i'm really feeling the need for a GirlTribe gathering...a meeting of spirits ... two or three or twenty...a bonfire, some hot chocolate or a glass of wine, definitely smores, and some good soul-talk and giggles. work has been energy-draining, with the new girl finally gone. it's a relief on one hand, but now we're down to 2 of us in a 5 person department. so i'll cut this short and get some sleep. just wanted to check in before y'all forgot me! L.

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

I was wondering where you were at, Girl ! Good to know you are well and arting away where ever you can. Girl tribe...me too. Had a mini-tribe (two of us) time last weekend. Feels so good.
Things here are okay - painting rocks and journal pages, preparing for my sweet niece's 2nd birthday (tomorrow - Earth Day but we celebrate this weekend). Life is coast...
Big hugs to you, Beautiful One.