a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Friday, February 12, 2010

i cannot wait to introduce you to Elizabeth Moldenhauer! I first met her at a fiber show i was in at the Delavan, and since then we've planned to get together many times, but my schedule became unpredictable, as usual. tonight i finally made it - stopping by to unload some roving. can i say...this woman has mad mad skills with roving?? oy. may i never felt again i'm so ashamed compared to her work...and prolific - oy vey...vessels and rugs and felted paintings (think Paris street scenes and incredible cityscapes and landscapes) and baby booties and scarves and beaded felted things too beautiful to look at for long, lest you weep. oh and upholstery and pillows and all manner of custom designs and painting mixed with felted areas. and AND...her passion for her art just glows out at you like a soft beam of moonlight...the hair on my arms just stood up as i listened to her talk about working with roving and felt and design. she embodies the Earth Spirit. she's working on a blog, website or some electronic thing, and will be featured here as soon as it's going. but meanwhile, trust me. New topic: if you get a second, send Judy Wise a card. see her blog for details. as for me - to bed with my stuffed head. and tomorrow the mechanic fairies will hopefully restore heat to my car! yippee! Linda

1 comment:

Kim Mailhot said...

I hope your friend Elizabeth gets a place where we can see her yummy eye candy soon. Sounds delicious.

Hey - do you know a mailing address for Judy ? Would love to send her something as she recovers.

I am feeling better I think. I hope those germs move on quickly now.
Hey do you know I have been invited to join the Art Friends who gather...;) ?