a Tiny description

a full time artist, stepmother, radio personality, and mom to an energetic Chug dog, tries to get through the days without committing a felonious act. My life is a rickety Zen circus.

____________________________________________________________________

Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm half back...still feeling punky after the flu monster turned and made a second grab for me on saturday night. i am just sick of being sick.i don't mind as much in the winter when we're snowed in anyway, but summer...unfair! i took 2 days off work and dragged myself through the rest of the week, going in for a while on saturday - despite my rule. today i slept in and took my time getting to the Dr. i'm past the weepy "why me" stage and just downright P.O.'d that this bug has lodged in me. i give my immune system pep talks and down the cough medicine like an addict. all i could think about was my pillow today. then i got home, and there was a wag attached to a very precious little dog that stood guard over me the past few nights. okay - a Big Walk through the woods was in order. it was cool as we wandered through the beechwoods, listening to the cicadas droning and watching the dragonflies play in the wildflowers & darting across the pond. i will surely miss this. Diva stopped every so often, looking up at me for a pet and flattery. despite her social skills (none) she is My Love. i have art swirling in my brain, fueled by cough syrup dreams and inactivity. i bought some crazy wonderful yarn yesterday, and despite the heat, am dying to let the rhythm of knit-purl-knit-purl lull me. i don't want this summer to end, but am wishing away my days anyway for september. my New Bike sits idle in the garage waiting til i can take breath with a coughing fit. i feel guilty about the Stinger, sitting in the attic, but the new one is very spanky. i'll have to take a Lake ride soon. ok - this is all i have energy for. send me some chicken-soup-love for healing! L.

No comments: